Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest Saturday, October 27th
October is a great month for diving: cool Fall air, clear water vis, uncrowded beaches, and the Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest!
DiveVets is hosting our annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest on Saturday, October 27th, so mark your calendars and start planning your designs. As usual, there will be guest judges (bring your kids), prizes and a potluck Debrief in the park. This is one of the most popular events of the year, so don’t miss it. This event is fun for your whole family.
- Divers must enter/exit as a buddy pair
- Each diver may carve a pumpkin
- Divers are responsible for providing their own pumpkin
- Pumpkin must be cleaned of seeds prior to entering the water
- NO PRE-DRAWING or CARVING OF DESIGNS
- 1 hr Dive/Carving limit
- Be safe and smart with your carving instruments
Catagories (subject to change): BEST OVERALL / UNDERWATER / FUN
Dive/Contest briefing: 9 am @ Vets Parking lot
Dive/Carve: 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Awards/Potluck: 11 am
Event entry is free, but DiveVets is accepting entry donations to go towards the various diving charities we support, such as Handicap Divers Association and the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber. Optional $20 entry fee to be entered to win a special grand prize from Eco Dive Center.
Follow the event in the forum: http://www.divevets.com/dvsmf/index.php?topic=2003.0